Choosing A Parasol Cover Material or a Canopy, Shade Specialists offer parasol covers in three types of high quality and durable materials, Spuncrylic®, Polyester and Recasens.These three fabrics for canopy covers have been chosen by us because they are extremely robust and resilient to the many changing weather conditions found here in the UK.
Spuncrylic® Parasol Cover Material
- Spuncrylic® is a polyester which has been through a process called solution dying.
- Solution dying is a technique used to add colour to a synthetic fibre.
- Solution dying ensures colour is all through each thread before its woven, guaranteeing a higher quality and more vibrant colour.
- Solution dying gives polyester a high-level resistance to fading from direct sunlight.
- Spuncrylic® possesses excellent stain resistance and is water repellent.
- Spuncrylic® offe
What Parasol Base Do I Need?
How to choose a parasol base is a question we get asked at Shade Specialists on a regular occurrence. There are a few key factors to consider when making that decision. Firstly, you cannot go too heavy. Nobody ever complains because their garden parasol is still upright and in good working order!
When choosing your base, consider how your parasol will be used. If your garden umbrella is going through the middle of a sturdy table, you can afford to go lighter on the umbrella base. The table will act as ballast and will provide stability too.
Despite going through a sturdy table, you will however still require a base to provide the stability and maintain the position of the pole. We would recommend a minimum weight of 30kg for the base if the parasol is free-standing and not through the table centre.
Dec 14 2020
Choosing the best position for a garden parasol is perhaps the most important question to ask first! Choosing the location will affect what canopy and base size you will require, consider whether you require lighting, if so, bear in mind how power will be supplied. The positioning of your parasol is especially important with larger canopies as they can act as a sail in high winds, so ensure you select a model designed to with stand high winds!