The Bambrella Hurricane Side Wind was designed with exclusive environments in mind. This beautifully crafted heavy duty cantilever parasol is perfect for luxurious commercial and residential locations and really creates a statement of style and luxury.
|The geared winch system makes operating this parasol so simple, that even a child could do it: once your parasol has been installed according to the instructions and it's ready to use, to open it - start by rotating the handle and you can see how the canopy is tensed by the ribs of the frame. For tilting the canopy, continue turning the handle after the fabric is stretched and you can have a 45 degree tilt. To fully collapse it, you'll be required to revers the movement and rotate the handle counter-clockwise until the parasol is safe and closed.|
All of Bambrella’s aluminium parasols are tested in a wind tunnel up to 121 km/h - to measure the strength and durability of the heavy-duty frame and canopy.
The frame - the Hurricane cantilever is a top-quality model, constructed from high grade materials. The aluminium frame and the stainless-steel fittings make it robust, durable and easy to clean. These materials prevent rust and make it a long time lasting product.
The canopy - once this cantilever parasol is open, you'll be astonished by the size and quality of the canopy. There are three materials available – the standard Polyester and the premium Spuncrylic and Recasens. All canopies are fade/water resistant and have a 50+ UV protection factor. Read our guide for choosing a parasol canopy colour for more details.
The ribs - they can be replaced individually on the Hurricane Side Wind, whenever is needed, not having to disassemble the entire structure. The membrane can be easily removed for maintenance or replacement.
(*)Bases and fixations
In-ground base with sleeve
SHAPES AND SIZES:
The Hurricane Side Wind is an extra large cantilever parasol and it is available in 3 shapes and sizes – the Round 3.5 meters and two Square models of 3m and 3.4m each. More sizes will soon be available, including rectangle canopy sizes.
Visit the ‘Technical Data’ tab for more info about this product or see our parasol size guide and index for other models.
The Hurricane Side Wind provides the perfect solution for commercial customers that are situated in harsh weather locations and need a large shade for their outdoor space.
The cantilever’s side arm allows the canopy to be placed over your desired area without getting in the way. Ideal for pubs, terraces or pools and equally for residential properties.
The wide diameter and sturdy construction ensure this umbrella will remain rigid even in strong winds, making this a great choice for a heavy duty cantilever parasol.
Engineered in the United Kingdom to the very highest standards, this superb parasol will meet the requirements of the most discerning customer.
Founded in 2007 Bambrella is an environmentally conscious parasol manufacturer passionate about providing quality garden umbrellas made from echo friendly and sustainable sources.
Bambrella are the first, and to date only, company producing laminated bamboo parasols. Bambrella are recognised globally as a market leading and innovative brand in both design and fabrication.
If you have any questions, need help, or require further information, please contact us
These parasols were tested in a wind tunnel in order to test the durability and strength of the pole and canopy.
The parasols were bolted and secured to the ground.
Do not leave any parasol in the open position in winds in excess of 20mph, without being fitted and bolted to the ground by licensed contractor.
Always close your parasol when not in use!
|1 = Total height||Material frame: The posts and ribs - aluminium, hub and runner - marine grade nylon PA66.||Opening: A double pulley and rope system is used for easy, light opening.|
|2 = Open height|
|3 = Closed height|
|Shape||Code||Size||Total height||Open height||Closed height||No of ribs||Size of ribs||Bases|
|3.5m Round 3.5m R-SW-H||3.5m 12'||3.1m 10'2"||2.1m 6'10"||0.82m 2'8"||8||35 x 20mm 1 3/8" x 3/4"||2 x 70kg 2 x 154lb|
|3.0m Square 3.0m SQ-SW-H||3.0m 10'||3.20m 10'6"||2.1m 6'10"||0.60m 1'11"||8||35 x 20mm 1 3/8" x 3/4"||2 x 70kg 2 x 154lb|
|3.4m Square 3.4m SQ-SW-H||3.4m 11'5"||3.36m 11'||2.1m 6'10"||0.43m 1'5"||8||35 x 20mm 1 3/8" x 3/4"||2 x 70kg 2 x 154lb|
- Hurricane Side Wind Standard Base Specs:
- Hurricane Side Wind IN-Ground Base Specs:
Spuncrylic® Parasol Cover Material
Spuncrylic polyester is the industry standard for hotels, restaurants and any other hospitality location.
Spuncrylic offers customers:
- A polyester which has been through a process called solution dying, a technique used to add colour to a synthetic fibre.
- A solution dyed canopy colouring through all layers of the polyester thread, guaranteeing more vibrant, longer lasting colour.
- A high-level of resistance to fading from direct sunlight.
- A canopy which offers good stain resistance and water repellence.
- An affordable canopy which provides resistance to all weather conditions.
- A canopy which delivers a *UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor) of at least 50.
*UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor), Indicates the fraction of the sun’s ultraviolet rays that penetrate fabric. Example, Material with a UPF of 50, allows just 1/50th of the sun’s UV radiation to reach your skin. The higher the UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor), the greater the protection offered.
Polyester Canopy Cover Material
The standard, piece dyed polyester is the entry level parasol canopy and one you will find most commonly on parasols available on the high street. The standard polyester is a great option if you’re working on a budget. While it only comes with a 1 year warranty, if looked after, it should last well beyond that.
Polyester offers customers:
- Polyester is a strong fibre, resistant to creasing and keeps its shape.
- Polyester is piece dyed meaning the thread is only coloured on the outside of the canopy, like a radish!
- Offers an affordable alternative to Spuncrylic
- Shade Specialists only offer polyester covers in two natural colours, beige and natural as darker, stronger colours would be more susceptible to fading over time.
Recasens RECacril® Parasol Cover Material
The acrylic recasens material is the rolls Royce of canopies. Made from strong, hard wearing acrylic material. The recasens canopy offers the top level of protection from the elements
Recasens offers customers:
- A high-performance acrylic fabric of the very highest quality.
- The very best water resistance and protection from the sun.
- A matieral used extensively in the boating and marine industries for its strength and durability.
- An Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) of up to +80 according to international standard UV 801.
- Low reactivity and high stability offering long lasting protection against mold, plus excellent water and oil repellence.
- An effective sunscreen as they filter a high percentage of ultraviolet radiation.
*UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor), Indicates the fraction of the sun’s ultraviolet rays that penetrate fabric. Example, Material with a UPF of 50, allows just 1/50th of the sun’s UV radiation to reach your skin.
Not in stock, please contact us for more information!
Special order. Longer dispatch time. (3-4 weeks) + £24